Senior Software Engineer- Media Platform (m/f/d) - full-time
Do you love stories? If so, please keep reading, because we certainly do. We believe the ability to tell stories is what makes us human. Joyn is your streaming app with over 50 live TV channels, exclusive previews, originals and collections. We understand Joyn as a partnership – an invitation to content-providers and users alike to make entertainment more meaningful and fun. Our app aggregates global and especially local content in a relevant way for Germany, both live TV and on-demand content. All kinds of stories and more to come, everyday.
We hire the best, because we need people that are as customer-focused as we are. We are looking for champions to help us further connect with our audience. It’s not a small or easy task, but it’s a fun and rewarding one. Do you think you’re up for it? Great. Then send us your application!
About the job
We are looking for a Senior Software Engineer to join our Media Platform team and develop and operate a cutting-edge web tech and cloud based massive scale video streaming stack, delighting Joyn customers consuming streaming video at any time and on any device
What you do
How you do it
What we're asking
- Using web technologies (HTTPS, JSON, REST, CDN, etc.) in high-traffic distributed environments on cloud, esp. AWS (lambda, ECS, autoscaling, IaC)
- Front end development with HTML5, CSS, React, Redux, Styled Components, Storybooks
- Video player integrations (HTML5 MSE/EME, Shaka, dash.js, WebMAF) and DRM (FairPlay, PlayReady, Widevine), integrating video players on SmartTVs and streaming boxes
- Media codecs (H.264/AVC, H.265/HEVC, VP9/AV1) and encoders (FFmpeg)
- Video advertising technologies (VAST, VMAP, RTB, SSAI/CSAI)